Saturday 23 February 2013

Quick calculator update

I just had a look at the reduced size chromosome paintings at Gedmatch and for some reason the Dodecad k7b picks up the African segment (it's small, but there and the pale green of the Atlantic-Baltic doesn't help as it makes the yellow dificult to see) but the full size version doesn't show the segment?
Not sure why this has happened but I'm pleased that it does appear in at least one version of the k7b!
There's no point adding it here, but when I copied and pasted it against the Eurogenes k9 to check the location was correct, it was in the same location.
Yesterday I got in touch with Dr David K Faux about his African ancestry. He managed to use his family's DNA to verify an African ancestor who was born in 1680. I am thrilled to see that he also used the same methods as I did to verify that his segment was real.
His segment is 0.1% at speculative level. My mother's appears at standard level.
You can read his story here: www.davidkfaux.org and click on African ancestry: Wife of Sgt. Daniel Young.
I just wish I had a few more family members to test!
Many thanks to Dr Faux for all his help.

No comments:

Post a Comment